Tuesday, November 3, 2009

One week to go

I can't believe the time has finally come, one week from today I'll be on an airplane to Lima. Morgan and I will be staying with a friend in Lima for a few days before heading to Arequipa, Peru's second largest city also commonly called "the White City", to live with a Peruvian family and study spanish for a week. It will be a wonderful spot where we can adjust to the altitude and visit El Misti and the Canon del Colca and Canon del Cotahuasi (both are more than 2x the depth of the Grand Canyon). I'll do my best to post updates along the way including photos so those of you who are interested can experience a bit of the trip from the comfort of your homes here in the US.

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I am going to miss you- it won't be the same around 1305, but this is so exciting- can't wait to read about your adventures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! Off you go....a piece of my heart goes with you. By the way, I didn't know you had a kitten named Sylvie. That's my daughter's name. Anyhoo, can't wait to check in with the blog

    ReplyDelete